So the last time I wrote, we were in Canada, and this morning I woke up to watch the sun rise over the Pacific in CA, so I am sorry it's been so long!! We have had a very full two weeks and tonight is our last night before our big flight to Thailand! I cannot believe we are so close to what we've been planning for the past six weeks.
Some of the praises and highlights of the past two weeks include:
- The Lord getting us across the U.S. border without incident. It took less than 15 minutes and the border police apologized for keeping us so long. And our little Dolly made it safely back to the U.S. in her secret hiding place.
- We got to spend a few free hours in Boston, where my sister took us around and we got pizza in Little Italy. Plus, we got to play with my niece and nephew which was amazing!
- On our way through PA, we got to visit Doris Ann's grandma in the hospital. We got to suprise her and sing to her and her roommate. It was such a God moment, knowing that it was His perfect timing that allowed us to have that. Plus, we got to play in the leaves and sunshine outside the hospital- it was a flashback to childhood. :-)
- The Lord has protected us through thousands of miles on the road, more U-turns than I can count and more encounters with the police than I want to remember. On a day we had a 12 hour drive, the police stopped us 3 times and the Lord protected us when the police wanted to put our truck out of commission for insufficient documentation. Our truck lost its 2nd license plate and the guys searched the highway for it, but to no avail. Then I finally took my turn at getting pulled over while we were in CO, but thankfully that ended with the policeman giving us directions to Wal-Mart, our destination of choice. :-) One of the big praises was the way He protected our driving through a snowstorm in the mountain passes of CO and NM.
- The Lord was faithful and provided all of our financial needs for Thailand!
There are many more stories, including some of Dolly being a survivor and coming back to life at least 3 times, but I'll leave those to someone else. For now, off to our host homes for the night and then Thailand tomorrow!